Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Celtic Knotwork miniature



Jane Sibley is a real person. I have known her and been her friend for over 30 years. We first got to know each other at DarkoverCon, where she has always had a dealership selling semi-precious stones and specialty food and spice mixes. She has had a life in the Society for Creative Anachronism for all those years as well. She currently markets a wide selection of spice mixes under the name of "Auntie Arwen's Spices" and they are delicious. I have a nice collection of them and they are especially good for meats and vegetables. She is the "Arwen" of the nametag miniature a few posts previous to this. I made this badge for her when she acted as my art nametag agent and sold some pieces for me. The Celtic knotwork is copied from an authentic source and I did it by hand, not a photocopy. In those days I had more time to do intricate stuff like that.

Jane Sibley's nametag is ink and watercolor on Fabriano paper, 3 1/2" x 2 1/4", May 1981.