Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chateau O'Brien glass and balcony


This is what you do at Chateau O'Brien. You sip wine and look out over the balcony at the view of the hills, or down the hill at one of the vineyards and a farm shed. The balcony is twined with old grape stems. I never get tired of looking at weathered farm buildings. Of course I'm a consumer and not a worker, so like a consumer I tend to overlook the hard labor that goes into providing the vineyard experience. However, Chateau O'Brien is one of the few wineries that has given me a tour of their industrial wine works, so I learned a little bit about how it's done behind the scenes. It takes a lot of work to get from dirt to grape to wine, work I don't have to do.

This was drawn while sitting on the round covered porch, and the wine glass is on an inner balcony railing. I will color in this drawing later.

Pitt brown technical pen ink on sketchbook page, 5" x 5", September 7, 2013.

No comments: