Friday, February 21, 2014

Aleytys by Jo Clayton


Since I'm concerned with Beautiful Fantasy Women these days I might as well post a near-Miss mini portrait dredged up from my 1981 sketchbook journal. Aleytys is a character created by the late Jo Clayton from a fantasy series that appeared in the late 1970s and into the '80s. I already posted about the magic diadem which gives Aleytys extra skills augmenting her own magical powers. You can read a very good review of the first Diadem book here. Naturally, Aleytys has flame-red hair and gets naked a lot, not always by her consent. This pin-up style portrait is not bad, even though it's no bigger than a postcard.

Aleytys is ink and watercolor on sketchbook page, about 4 1/3 x  5 1/2", July 1981.

2 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

This is lovely, I think you captured the look you wanted (or so close as to be counted as right). Very nice!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.