Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sarkond in color


Here is our friend Sarkond, colored in with Photoshop. He's ready for Evil Sorcerer Action in his elegant robes of green. I think all these stock fantasy characters from Lin Carter's book come alive again when someone illustrates them. In Sarkond's case I think he knows he's just an actor so his evil deeds are restricted to the imaginary world-stage he lives in. Otherwise I'd have to do the impersonation job myself and you wouldn't like it if I unleashed evil magic and a monster or two here in Common Reality. 

I think I'm doing a bit better at these small illustrations. The purpose of doing them is not only to have a smidgen of fun but to work up to doing comic book continuity again.

Sarkond is ink and Photoshop, about 3" x 5 1/2", February 5, 2014.

No comments: