Friday, April 4, 2014

Digital model drawing


I haven't done a digital figure sketch in a while, so here's one. I'm trying not only to depict the figure well but to work with layers and shading. The Photoshop "brush" can imitate pencil or ink, and then on another layer I add in a color "wash" and soften it up with the blend tool. My model is a photograph from the excellent "Art Models" series of picture books. I know, it is always better to draw from a live model but I just don't have that resource right now. I need to work on everything figure drawing and the photos are very helpful. They are also on a CD which comes with the book, and you can draw from the photo on your screen direct to digital with a tablet and stylus. It's not great sketching by any means but at least I'm still trying to do it.

Sketch is Photoshop, about 10" x 6 1/2", April 4, 2014.

No comments: