Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Paint Drip Bird Creature



I was using spray paint outdoors in back of my workplace and tested my sky-blue spray on some discarded cardboard boxes. The paint dripped down in four even streams, which I found interesting. When it had taken its final position and dried, I photographed the result. I imported the paint spray image into Photoshop and created a bird-creature with digital brushwork, over the original. The bird looks like a chicken, but it has functional wings and also has attributes of a pigeon. I matched the general colors to my original random paint blot. The only thing different from a typical bird creature was that, according to the paint drips, it has four legs rather than two. Though the lettering says "Fragile," it isn't, since the box was dumped upside down by me and then the photo was digitized.


Photoshop over a photograph. Digital painting is about 6 1/2" x 7". August 5, 2014.

No comments: