Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Another night of falling stars


Longtime readers of this Blog may remember my posting about a late summer holiday in my imaginary world of the Noantri. I described it in detail in 2010 so if anyone is interested, I will refer them here. The holiday involves the commemoration of an annual meteor shower which  takes place at the beginning of a life-giving flood of a desert river. They simulate the meteor shower with fireworks displays. The holiday is called the "Night of the Falling Stars." I imagine that in a world without gods or religions, people would honor various natural phenomena and build observatory-temples. But those would be a more peaceful, older, and more controlled race than our own. 

Markers on sketchbook page, more added in Photoshop, about 3" x 6", September 10, 2014.

No comments: