Thursday, September 11, 2014

Space Shapes


I got into an experimental Photoshop abstract space mood for a while and put this one into a speed-paint for 20 minutes or so. I'd like to be able to do those fabulous incredibly complex starships that I see on deviantART and other fantasy art venues. If I wanted to, I could probably spend more time on this and work these shapes up into plausible spaceships. One of my favorite abstract spaceship artists is a French guy named Steven Martiniere. You can check out the awesomeness of his work here, just look for his portfolio on the home page. Someday I'll do work like that. If I get away from the vineyards that is. But…I like the vineyards. Spaceships are a dime a dozen, but a good bottle of wine? Maybe a better value. Somewhere out in space, are vineyard ships, or perhaps even terraformed asteroids, making vintages for the Imperial markets, crafting wine under alien starlight. Kind of a French state of science fictional mind, Bordeaux among the nebulae.

Photoshop, 7" x 3.5", September 11, 2014.

No comments: