Sunday, September 20, 2015

North Gate Vineyard

This week's "Wine Saturday" brought the Sippin' Team to North Gate Vineyard in Purcellville, Virginia. North Gate was founded by a wine-loving engineer and is filled with sophisticated 21st century sustainable ecological design, including a recently built country wine lodge with solar panel roofs and re-purposed wood decor. The wines are excellent, especially their rich red Merlot blend and their Chambourcin which sadly was not available for this year's tasting yet.

I drew this view of the grounds and the owner's house from the tasting room. I was going to color the drawing in but then decided that it looks better just in brown and white. I will return to North Gate to do more drawings of their architecture. I cannot resist barns and garden sheds, I have to draw them.

Brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 8" x 4 1/4", September 19, 2015.

No comments: