Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dagny


I've done a number of Ayn Rand illustrations over the years but no modern image of the heroine Dagny Taggart, the train mistress. Had I continued my graphic novel version of "Atlas Shrugged" I would have drawn her in the second chapter as she rides one of her own trains through the night. I still would like to see a graphic novel version of "Atlas" but they made a movie trilogy instead. I just ordered it so I will be able to see what other image makers did with Dagny. There are reasons for my fascination with an author whom everybody I know hates and finds repulsive, but I'm not going to do a Rand Rant here. I really love trains. One of these days I'm going to do a railfan thing and visit a freight train depot and do some drawings, if it's legal to do so. I'd like to learn more about railroads. Why? Because they are awesome. Where is Dagny when we need her? 

Brown tech pen ink on sketchbook page, some shading in Photoshop. 3 1/2" x 2 1/4", September 7, 2015.

No comments: