Tuesday, February 6, 2018

642 sound wave


Back in the world of "642 things to draw" the suggestion is "a sound wave." Well there's plenty of that. "642" asks for no premeditation or as little as possible so I start it without knowing what I will be drawing. The "sound wave" becomes an abstraction that breaks into water waves at the right of the image. But what really came out of my wandering tech pen was an homage to my mother Esther's abstract work in the 40s and 50s, art I grew up with and am now revisiting because of the archive digitalization project. The left half looks especially like an Esther. Mother used to say proudly to me that she had never used a straight line in any of her work. She left those things to me. 

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 7" x 4", February 6, 2018.

No comments: