Saturday, February 10, 2018

Deryni Duel


This piece is from my "Deryni Portfolio of 1981." It illustrates one of the action-packed scenes of Katherine Kurtz's DERYNI RISING, where Alaric Morgan, the King's Champion, must fight out a duel with Ian, the champion chosen by the villainous contenders for the throne. The duel takes place in the cathedral where the young king Kelson is about to be crowned. I admit that I wasn't a great action artist. I took a lot more time and attention doing the background than the figures. I know this is probably a "re-blog" repeating an old entry but after more than 3000 posts I just get lost in the repertoire. This would be fun to color in, if I had the time or energy. Just think how I am sparing you from my baby pictures. 

Black ink on illustration board, 8 1/2" x 11", mid to late 1981.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From Derynifank. I like your action in the drawing. I think nyou did better than you gave yourself credit for.