Tuesday, November 20, 2018

20 Years Ago Hair Salon


It was 20 years ago today... on November 20...that I had my hair done at my usual place in Falls Church, Virginia. Interestingly (is that a word?) I will also be having my hair done today. 1998 to 2018. The difference? I will be going to another hair salon run by different people. This will be the first time in years since I did this. I just feel I need a change of personnel in the hair department. My hair has two colors, red and gold, each one a separate dye job. A new salon has just opened only a few blocks from my home. The old salon has re-located three times, each one getting harder to drive to on complex heavy traffic roads. Let's see what happens with my new cut and color job. If I don't like it I can always go back to the older one. If I do like the new do, then I will face the difficult task of telling them that I won't be using their service any more. Or else I can contrive to have both salons work on me, so I can still see my old hair friends.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 8" x 6", November 20, 1998.

Note on hair salon November 21: The new salon did a great job on my hair but it was very expensive so I think I will stay with my old friends and their good work.

No comments: