Thursday, November 1, 2018

Disappointing Vines


I am feeling disappointed this November. I have been working very hard on creating the images and text for "Virginia Under Vine" as you can see from the last month's postings here. But I have come to the realization that I will have to delay the release to spring of next year as I simply do not have enough material to make a decent-sized book. Also, I was hoping to work on it all summer but my surgery and hospital stay took two months out of my life. I need to make more art. Since this involves going to wineries, that isn't such a burden though the logistics are always somewhat difficult. I also want to do more interviewing with the winemakers for the text pages. I wouldn't feel right rushing to release. I'll assemble the ones I already have and see what I can do when. You've already seen the drawing above, it's suitably "seasonal" but it is dated 2014 which feels like an age ago.

Ink, colored by Photoshop, October 12, 2014.

No comments: