Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Picasso at Chessiecon


Chessiecon is over, and I am back home facing a large amount of domestic tasks. I have 8 loads of laundry to do. I am considering hiring housecleaners for another round, but they don't do laundry. Nevertheless every little bit that I can remove from my house is worthwhile.
Chessie was fun and I was glad to see my friends and spend time talking and dining and sipping wine at Salon Pyracantha, my annual party at the convention. I managed to make two sketches and here's  one. One of the nicest things about Chessiecon is that there's a lot of live music playing, usually Celtic folk and a bit of bluegrass. I sketched two musicians here playing in the large hotel atrium. I based the idea on a famous Cubist piece by Picasso, the "Three Musicians." 

Sepia tech pen on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 3 1/2", November 23, 2018.

No comments: