Saturday, June 29, 2019

Art Model Skye Power again 1975


Here we are again with the chic and elegant Skye Power, model for our drawing group in 1975. She is draped over the couch in the Episcopal upper room. I did quite a lot of restoration on this sketch before I posted it, but most of it is still 1975. I wonder what became of Skye. Google searches are usually misdirected toward "skies" or "power." Just think, back in 1975 only scientific or military professionals had computers or Internet. At least I knew of computers as there was one at Brandeis which took up a whole air-conditioned room. I didn't get to draw it though, that was inconceivable and it is only now too many years later that I have thought of it. My smartphone has the computing power of that room-size computer. Shall I get an iPad Pro?

Pencil on sketchbook page, 5" x 7", 1975.

No comments: