Thursday, June 27, 2019

Poplar Hill Porch


Once again I'm back from my mini vacation. This porch is at the Inn where I stay. It's the "Inn on Poplar Hill" in Orange, Virginia, an old industrial town in the center part of the state. The Inn is an old turn-of-the-twentieth-century farmhouse in a lush garden and forest with natural meadows and pathways on the estate. The birdwatching is excellent and we guests are fed colorful fresh food. The owners drive you around in a van to tour wineries so you don't have to worry about wining and driving. There are cats who are friendly to people. If you like this type of genteel experience and hummingbirds sipping nectar from hanging basket pink petunias, you should go here. And the bedding is so...very...soft. I've gone there for stays since 2009, when I came across Poplar Hill by serendipity. Now I am ten years loyal not mentioning last year when I didn't go for unfortunate reasons of health.

No comments: