Sunday, June 2, 2019

In a Land called Honah Lee


"Puff the Magic Dragon" is in WineWorld now. This is the "Under Vine" page I prepared for the book. I've visited Honah Lee Winery and Vineyard many times and sampled their wine which has a dragon/wineglass logo. The view from their viney hills is wonderful, stretching into the distance for miles. They also have a little farm market from their own gardens once the fruit is ready. 

You may notice that I am imitating the Notorious Thomas Kinkade "Painter of Light" and that's what I wanted. The image is a combination of traditional pencils and ink, and digital. You can see where I'm putting the writing but I think this version needs to be worked so that the writing is smaller. Otherwise it's hard to read against the background. This image, with the "Under Vine" logo, will be the cover of the book.

Photoshop composite, 8 1/2" x 11", May-June, 2019.

No comments: