Friday, October 4, 2019

Corelli's Emerald Pillar 2007


Back in fabulous CorelliWorld we enter Lysia's Pleasure Dome again to marvel at the emerald columns with their golden capitals. The emerald columns aren't really emerald, of course. They are stone which is veneered with strips of green mirror glass so it looks like a transparent material. The capitals are gilded stone. The Pleasure Dome is filled with garish colors which are described in the text. Let's see if my copy of "Ardath" is in readable condition. There are scans of the book online but I don't know if they can be excerpted.

This digital Photoshop study was done in 2007, when I was just starting to learn digital "painting." I would like to try to depict some of the Corelli material to see how it looks with my current skills. 

Photoshop, 5 1/2" x 9", 2007.

No comments: