Monday, October 21, 2019

Tanglewood Blonde 1972


Here's a little break from lurid Corelli. The girl with the yellow headband is probably my roommate at summer art school. She had authentic naturally blonde hair (maybe a touch of highlights) and I wanted to draw her along with the other students. This portrait was done while we were sitting outdoors at a concert. The hills beneath the portrait are the Berkshires, low mountains in western Massachusetts where the music and art town of Lenox attracts upscale attendees. I always brought my colored pencils and sketchbook with me so I could depict daily life in color. I don't do that any more because it's hard to tote around hundreds of them. I intend to re-solve that problem with a modern IPad and color drawing apps.

Colored pencils on sketchbook page, 8" x 10 1/2", summer 1972.

No comments: