Thursday, April 30, 2020

Phaces of Phrolicon


Phrolicon was always a small convention, no more than 100 people. If you were there the whole weekend, you'd probably meet most of them and sometimes make new friends. I enjoyed my social activity at the con and of course drew sketches of some of the attendees. The guy at upper left is Ozzie Fontecchio, famous in Philadelphia fandom for organizing and running conventions and science fiction meetings. He's still going strong since the 1980s, and has added an apostrophic flourish to his name so that his name is now    'Osvaldo.
At the bottom is Mark the origami master who we saw a few days ago. Two of the other faces have names but I don't remember them. I guess I wasn't social enough.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", August 2, 1997.

No comments: