Sunday, May 24, 2020

Berry College Landscape Winter 1998


Here comes a series of drawings done on a road trip of mine down south to Florida. One of my first on the trip was this pair of landscapes, done from memory at Berry College, in northwest Georgia. I was there visiting a colleague in Zoroastrian studies who was spending a year teaching there. Berry is a Christian college near Rome, Georgia, originally founded to educate the sons and daughters of Appalachian and other mountain folk. It is noted for the great size of the campus, over 27,000 acres. I loved the landscape there, with plenty of birdwatching opportunities. I briefly thought of teaching there myself but didn't know how I'd get along with an evangelical Christian social environment.

Colored pencil on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", January 19, 1998.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Love it, especially the nearest tree.