Thursday, May 21, 2020

Hairy Creature


A regrettable result of lockdown confinement is that people cannot get their usual hair grooming or barbershop sessions. Thus ladies and gentlemen who would be using the services of hair salons must tolerate being unkempt. Clipping one's own hair is a default to which most of us resort, including me. Too much time in the mirror produces a monster with shaggy points of hair all over its head, like this one which is modeled after the savage Wolverine, both the critter and the comic book character. My male musician friends simply bypass the situation by shaving their heads and growing a beard. I could try to grow a beard but it would do nothing for my creative life.

Black tech pens on sketchbook page, 3" x 4", May 20, 2020.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Reminds me of puff the magic dragon or something... I'm working from home and let the beard grow for the first time... until the wife said she didn't care for it. Anyway, fortunately I am blessed with two nice daughters and the eldest cut my hair for me. Very nice, just as good as the Great Clips!