Thursday, December 24, 2020

I Went to Disneyland 1984

 


When the convention was over many of us went to Disneyland for a day of relaxing fun under the California sun. I love theme parks, especially for the snack foods, the playful architecture, the fountains, rides, displays, almost everything except the ridiculously overpriced merchandise. Disneyland in 1984 was still going strong on the "Jetsons" or "Googie" fun architecture from the mid 50s to mid 1960s, and I still love that style. As an example, look to the right of the image where the white conical build of the "Space Mountain" small roller coaster towers over the midway. I rode this coaster with its spacey light-effects and had a grand time. But it was also time to go home, back to Cambridge where I eked out a living doing commissions, game art and fan art.

Black tech pen, 8" x 5 1/2", September 4, 1984.

No comments: