Sunday, December 13, 2020

Lil Grumpy and the Tower of Refuge

 


"Lil Grumpy" is another of my tiny monsters, but even with scales and reptilian spines he's harmless and non-aggressive. He wishes he were as big as the tower, where I stay while avoiding the pandemic, but he's just a little guy and he has no dinosauric fierceness. He can always eat seeds and bugs and other foraged edibles.

"I wanna be a dinosaur!"
"Grumpy, you're 4 inches long! And no one wants to eat you, either." 
"Eat my cactus. See how big I am compared to the tower?"
"That's called "perspective." By the way, there's a large chunk of something headed toward the Earth. It hits and wrecks the environment, killing off the dinosaurs. Your people survive. That's perspective, too."

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook journal page, 4 1/2" x 2", December 13, 2020.

No comments: