Sunday, December 20, 2020

Purple Wizard Badge Master

 


This guy didn't come to the convention to show off a costume - he just came to have fun. His robe, an amateur creation in purple, was there to display his collection of message badges. These badges with witty sayings written or printed on them are a standard piece of fannish decoration and conversation starters. When I named this costume I simply called him the "Purple Badge Wizard," and that's all he needed.

Black tech pen, 5" x 8", September 2, 1984.

Note on tech pen: You'd think that after all this drawing I'd run out of tech pen ink, and indeed I do. The pens are disposable and easy to replace in various brands and point sizes. There is even a 120-piece of tech pens available in 120 different colors (but only one size), definitely a temptation for art gear lovers like me.

No comments: