Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blue Wave




Another pretty blue space picture rescued from my dusty archives. This is a supernova remnant, heading outward from the point of the explosion and illuminated by the radiation from the blazing star core. I don't know where all that dust on my slides comes from. Maybe it is space dust.

My records show that this picture was sold at a convention in western Massachusetts for only $15. Many of my space pictures were done in sets, almost "mass-produced" and so I didn't charge very much for them. I don't want to do that kind of work again, even though I would have to sell them for more. The average science fiction fan thought $20 was a lot of money for a piece of art back in 1990, and the sad thing is, they still do in 2010.

"Crest of the Wave" is acrylic on illustration board, 10" x 7", October 1990.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very nice. It solf for $15?? Wow, I would have paind more than that! I like the flow and the coloring.