Monday, May 24, 2010

Eos, the Dawn Goddess




During the early 90s, along with those endless series of small space pictures, I also produced a lot of flower, angel, goddess, and fairy art. Looking at DeviantART and other venues where people of every level of skill put up their efforts, I see a lot of this kind of art, always done by girls. So I guess I had a girly line of art back then as well as my more butch space and science fiction pieces. I would sell these pictures to other girls at DarkoverCon or other conventions, usually for very low prices. I will spare you most of it, but this one you see here is pretty typical. I wouldn't do this kind of art again unless I either got a commission, had to illustrate something, or had a mental episode of some kind.

"Eos, the Dawn Goddess" is watercolor on illustration board, 7" x 10", June 1990.

No comments: