Saturday, May 1, 2010

Massachusetts Downtown Window




Greetings from Natick, Massachusetts. I have been here almost a week, tending my aged parents and celebrating my father's 90th birthday. On April 30 I was able to go to my mother's art studio in downtown Natick. It is in a nineteenth century office building overlooking Main Street. This is the view from one of the studio windows. You can see part of a red-brick church across the street, and spring foliage. The branches are from a street tree that is just sprouting new leaves.

This study was done on my Mac laptop, using Photoshop CS2 and a Wacom "Bamboo" tablet. It is the first "on-site" sketch I have done using a computer and art program. Many artists use this equipment for on-site reality sketching, and I hope I get to use it again.

I hope to be home in Virginia by Tuesday of next week, and back posting regularly here.

3 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Enteresting veiw. Hope you have a good visit and a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Have you returned?