Thursday, December 12, 2013

Crabboid


It is my custom to draw something every day, no matter how small. Often I don't have the time to do a lot of drawing. For some reason, my modest part time job ends up making me as tired as if I were working full time. I'm not sure why, possibly it's the constant stress of a chaotic, very cramped and cluttered environment. So I will draw whenever I can, even when a normal person would or should not be active. My sleeping and waking schedule makes people cringe in horror so I will not inflict that information on you, however I will say that I did this drawing in bed just before I went to sleep (or attempted to sleep). There is a drawing on every page of my notebook journal, and many of them are rather small. I started this from nothing, drawing directly with pen, no model except memories and ideas of robots and crustaceans. Hence the "crabboid" or robot crab designed for underwater surveillance and stealth warfare. It only took a few minutes to draw, though I added the shading later. My personal schedule may be disgusting, but I do get my "one creative thing a day" done, somehow.

Ink and greyscale markers on sketchbook page, about 4" x 3.5", December 2013.

No comments: