Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fabbioli Cellars Winter Wining


"Wine Saturday" brought us to Fabbioli Cellars on a clear, chilly day. My friends and I sipped warming Chambourcin in the cellar-like tasting room, which is furnished with vintage wood and stucco walls. I did these small drawings there. Winter wining is different from the usual sketch session because it is too cold to draw outside. So I draw what I can see on the wall, in this case an unusually shaped window and a line-up of award-winning Fabbioli wines. The top color drawing is the view out the window featuring the vineyard in winter dormancy, lit by golden evening sunlight. It is framed by a plank of old wood which is part of the doorway trellis.

Technical pen ink and colored pencils, 6" x 9",  top drawing finished in Photoshop, January 10, 2015.

No comments: