Friday, January 2, 2015

Giant Mecha of 2015


This giant warrior robot, a mecha, is my first drawing in my sketchbook journal. I'm doing a different design theme for 2015, discarding the rectangular frames around my text entries and drawing and writing everything in brown or sepia ink. If I use color it will be done with colored pencils rather than markers, which made a visual mess of the other side of the paper. This journal also has a spiral binding which makes it easier to place flat on the scanner glass. 

The robot, which walks ponderously on two pylons, is closely based on a huge piece of steel mill equipment which is a container for molten metal. The armored warrior with weapon gives you the scale of the machine. The mecha has a team of human operators in the head-like top dome. In battle the ground troops move and advance behind a line of these mechas delivering awesome firepower.

Brown ink on sketchbook page, 8" x 7", January 2, 2015.

No comments: