Friday, January 6, 2017

Geometrika Tropical Fantasy


Wish I were there, right? In the virtual world of art, you can be anywhere, as long as you've got the pencil and the colors. My new sketchbook journal will have not only superheroes and sequentials, but also geometrika. These little abstractions should liven things up so I don't have to draw millipedes or Volkswagens all of the time. I also love doing them. I do the drawing in pen on paper and then color it in, sometimes digitally, sometimes not. Another nice thing about geometrika and superheroes is that I can make them up and not have to go park in a dismal parking lot and sit on my car's tailgate to draw Reality. Don't worry, you'll get reality drawings if you want them and I get the opportunity, if you want Reality at this point in our lives. This Geometrika evokes a tropical beach on a moonlit evening, complete with pink and yellow party decorations, ferns, and a pink glowing fire pit. I didn't know when I started this that it would be a tropical scene, but there you are.

Digitally colored ink drawing on virtual sketchbook page, 8" x 3 1/2", January 6, 2017.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

ROBLOX is empowered by a growing community of more than 300,000 creator players who generate an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

These experiences range from 3D multiplayer games and contests, to interactive adventures where players can take on new identities exploring what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner working a mine or an astronaut out in space.