Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Mall Model


When I go to the Tysons Corner Mall, known to me as "Tysonia," I always want to make a drawing there and usually I do. This time I almost lost my chance to draw as I didn't have a lot of time and it was evening with a lot of people milling about. No one stopped long enough for me to get a good view. Until I saw this tall, portly guy at the opening of the Starbucks I was in. He was leaning against the wall doing nothing, waiting for his family to pick up their drinks. He was modeling for me! Draw him now! So I depicted and had plenty of time for it. Behind him is an imitation gazebo with decorative white chairs, advertising the "Greenbriar" resort complex in West Virginia. A flat-screen TV is mounted on one of the columns, showing ads.

Tech pen ink on sketchbook page, some adjustments in Photoshop, 3 1/2" x 7 /2", April 11, 2017.

No comments: