Friday, May 26, 2017

Disruption of studio


My air conditioner failed during a heat wave recently so the apartment management is replacing it. I have lived in the same apartment for an amazing 25 years, in a place where most residents leave after one year or less, all of them immigrants who either do well and buy their own house, or do not do well and have to go. This is the second replacement of the air conditioner in those years. I love hot weather and heat but even I have limits to my tolerance so this is good. Unfortunately I built my studio with all its paints and storage and books and computers near the AC unit's wall cabinet so they need to move it all to get space for the bulky module to be brought in and installed. This is a drawing of some of my art stuff and storage boxes stacked in the living room while the installation happens. Massive amounts of dust have been liberated.

Sepia brown tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 5" x 5", May 26, 2017.

No comments: