Friday, May 12, 2017

Doctor Who "The Rescue" fan art 4


Can you believe that every expletive-deleted episode of "Doctor Who" has a Wikipedia entry and a cast and plot description? That's hundreds of episodes. People on Earth have too much time on their hands! Even in 1965 they find clever ways to create monsters on TV, without a computer! This hand-drawn adaptation is from a Who episode from 1965, appropriately titled "The Rescue," when William Hartnell (upper right corner) has to rescue his companions from alien creatures on a desolate planet. I suppose I could become just as learned as some of the Who-Encyclopedists but even I would rather learn calculus or Persian language than do that.

And I wanna know, how is it that something I drew in 1981 is as good as or even better than something I could draw today? 

Original art is black ink on illustration board, 6" x 5 1/2", summer 1981.

1 comment:

Mike (Altus) said...

I love that creature. :D