Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sun Beams Wine Lodge


This "Under Vine" page is different than the usual. I've used mostly black and white monochrome with one bright pumpkin (the drawing was done right after Halloween). Sunset Hills is one of the biggest, richest, and most established wineries in Northern Virginia. Their wine is excellent. I wouldn't write this if the wine was bad. Every so often I find a winery whose output is, in my opinion, inferior. Most of the time these wineries are just starting out and need more time to refine their process. You don't have to worry about Sunset Hills though. Note my drawing of what seems a chaotic conglomeration of wood beams. This is Amish craftsmanship and it is fascinating how their building is all done by hand. No photoshop, CAD, artificial intelligence, or 3-D printing is used.

Photoshop composite, 8 1/2" x 11", January 2019.

No comments: