Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Three Brands


These items were on my kitchen table in February 2003. Two of them are still going strong, but one of them is no longer sold in my area. The wine tasting souvenir cup is from  Whole Foods. The bottle of wine, half empty or full, is Trader Joe's "Charles Shaw" table wine, once known as "Two-Buck Chuck." The bottle at right once contained Poland Spring sparkling mineral water, which in my opinion was the best American water sparkler. Trader Joe's once carried Poland Spring until they re-branded their own fizzy water, an excellent product I still consume today. Charles Shaw continues to appeal to the wine-chuggers since its debut in 2002. I didn't know when I drew this that 8 months later I would be working for Trader Joe's and making Charles Shaw advertising signs. And Whole Foods is just around the block from Trader Joe's.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 3 1/2" x 4", February 12, 2003.

No comments: