Friday, May 10, 2019

Athletic Male Art Model 1972


A male art model posed for our art group in 1972. He was athletic and had a great figure and as I remember he was quite tall. That makes a challenge to the artist if your live model is taller than the page you are drawing him on. These poses probably lasted for about 10 or 15 minutes as they look too active to hold for a longer time. I am now wondering what happened to this guy and what the rest of his life was like. Imagine an elderly tall guy coming up to me at a cafe somewhere and saying that he posed as an art model for a group of artists including me back in 1972. I would think he was threatening, or just nuts. The world in 1972 wasn't any easier than it is now.

Pencils on sketchbook pages, together 11" x 8 1/2", 1972.

No comments: