Sunday, May 19, 2019

Front Royal Porch 2003


I must have blogged this drawing before, but I can't find it on the By-Product and so neither can you. This old hippie haven house (note all the hanging plant baskets and awning) is near the center of the town of Front Royal, about 50 miles west of Washington, DC. Every year Front Royal hosts the "Virginia Wine and Craft Festival" at this time, the third weekend in May, so it just happened, without me. I used to go faithfully to this event but I decided that it was too risky to drive home from there after imbibing so much wine. And staying in a nearby hotel was just too much money to waste. I drew a number of sketches of country architecture over the years. This one's from 2003.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5 1/2" x 6", May 17, 2003. Click for larger view.

No comments: