Saturday, May 4, 2019

Mosaic District


Well I'm relieved to be able to present new art for you, rather than faded pencil drawings from the distant past. This was done at a new Barnes and Noble bookstore established in a commercial enclave called the "Mosaic District." This area was built up out of an urban wasteland and is part mall, part contrived "city" of shops and restaurants. There was not enough land to build the sprawling morass of a conventional mall, so the developers built upwards and there are towers of expensive apartments there as well. There's plenty of room for parking and there are so many garage spots that I spent an embarrassing half hour just trying to find my car.

Sepia brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", May 3, 2019.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Lol, Now I don't feel so bad about looking for my car forever at the Airport, then giving up and getting airport personnel to drive me around looking for my car.��