Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hazy Summer colors


I spent another happy few hours driving through the backroads of central Virginia in Fauquier County. It isn't really that far from my residence, but it is quite rural, filled with my favorite kind of landscape: cultivated meadows interspersed with trees, and rolling hills. Fauquier has many estates owned by very rich people, which is part of why the meadow and tree landscape has not been obliterated by endless acres of quickly-built housing developments. I was able to park my car by the side of the road and do this colored pencil sketch while sitting on the tailgate. Drawing is about 7 1/2" x 4 1/2".

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Not that I realy exspect I will, but maybe, inspired by these drawings of yours, I will try and do a few studies like this when I am off at Pennsic in a couple weeks. It would be good for me to do as an artist. It is just a matter of doing it...