Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ageratum World



A purple T-shirt for this one, perhaps? I would have to see a sample before I started marketing them. Would you buy a flower print on a T-shirt? I dunno, Tristan. Why am I posting all these old flower pictures from 1990 and 1991? First reason, because these are the ones I'm transcribing right now, and I painted dozens of them. Second reason, I'm working on other paintings in my studio which take up my art time but are not finished yet. When they're finished, you'll see 'em. Until then, it's vintage art unless you want to see photoshop doodles or something.

The flowers underneath the iris are Ageratum, a lavender-blue fuzzy flower I particularly like. I gave the iris an iridescent circular halo, which also signifies a "world" or round planet.

"Ageratum World" is watercolor on illustration board, 7" x 10", May-June 1991.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I think this might actually work on a white shirt. As for if I would buy or wear a flower shirt, yes! Not this one maybe, but a couple of the ones you posted most definatly! There are several companies, pluss Cafe Press and also there are now iron on transfer papers you can buy and print yourself to make tshirts! I myself want to do some of mny own art but your flowers are WAY more marketable to the general public!