Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More Quick Poses



Here are some quick one-minute poses from my most recent session drawing a live model. This one had a different body type from the first one but she was still a very good model. You can see her in colored pencil on my May 5th posting here.

My life drawing style is rather "naturalistic," designed to represent the reality of the figure in front of me. Other members of the drawing group produced more abstract, gesture-based images, or attempted to form the body in color and paint texture. But if I had ambitions to be a comic book artist, I would need to transform this "realistic" figure drawing style into something which would be entertaining for that audience, with elongated proportions and large, spherical breasts. Maybe I'll try that for a pose at my next life drawing session.

No comments: