Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mexican Menu Pinball


In the late '70s I frequented many amusement parks along with my roller coaster-loving friend. While she headbanged on the famous wooden coaster at the now-lost Paragon Park, I played the silver ball. From Salisbury down to Nantasket, I must have played them all...ah, memories and rolls of quarters. I played simple, colorful old machines from the 50s and 60s, before pinball machines became ridiculously complex multi-story labyrinths. Their flippers actually said "Flipper" on them! Now these machines are collector's items and I haven't played a real game of pinball in decades. Digital pinball just isn't the same.

Naturally I wanted to do a menu board in the garish style of these pinball machines. The price of the Dinner Special is recorded in the mechanical counter that tallied up your pinball points. 

Markers on posterboard, 21" x 13", winter 1979.

No comments: