Friday, August 30, 2013

Enchanted City


"Enchanted City" was one of a series I created for conventions. In those pre-millennial years I could make a modest amount of money doing small sketchy pictures on colored paper, such as "Galaxy Goddess" a couple of posts ago, and selling them at conventions. I don't know whether this is still possible, and I haven't tried it in a long while.

This architectural fantasy was borrowed from a Northern European street scene, probably in Germany. There is an enchanted pink Volkswagen in the foreground. I may have been inspired by the newly published "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" but maybe not as I might not have read it yet when I did the picture. Can't remember back that far sometime.

"Enchanted City" is mixed media (ink, pencil, paint) on blue paper, 7" x 10", April 1997.

No comments: