Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cat Sketches


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a cat lover. I adore housecats and will pay worshipful attention to them whenever I can. I was over some friends' house last night and I drew pictures of their cat "Cinnabar." She is a lovely brown tabby with medium long fur and tufts on the tips of her ears. She may have some Maine Coon ancestry though she is a small cat. She moves quickly and zips along as fluidly as a droplet of mercury, hence the name ("Cinnabar" is a mercury compound.). When drawing cats, sometimes less is more and a few lines can convey an entire creature. 

Cat sketches are brown Pitt technical pen ink on sketchbook page, about 5" x 7 1/2", July 14, 2014. 

A note to my handful of readers: Photoshop is working, but I will be away from my studio this weekend to attend a meeting of my religious group, so no blogification until I return on Monday next week.

No comments: