Thursday, July 31, 2014

Nightflight K14


I had the idea for this dark blue starry abstract for a while, but didn't set it down on media until later. When does a picture become a picture? The audience can't read my mind, so it only becomes real when I make enough imagery for the audience, even if it's only one other person, to see. This is called "Nightflight," and it's number 14 on my "K-series" of Photoshop digital abstractions. It might be worthy of going to a painted version, but that would mean a lot of difficult acrylic blending and masking. Anyway, here it is on the screen, where many wonders can take place easily.

"Nightflight K-14" is Photoshop, 8" x 10", July 31, 2014.

1 comment:

Robby Baby Dark Poet of Amour said...

I've come to use the term "vectored art" for these pieces that you have. I like that term! :)I enjoy that there is alot going in here inside geometric shapes. One doesn't usually see alot of "kinetic things" going on around geometric figures. Kinda reminds me of how Crowley's Thoth deck works, actually...hee...mentioning Crowley two times in your blogs tonight. How random and odd! And sinister, perhaps? :P