Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Business Party with Guitars 1998

 


Still in Year 1998, I brought my sketchbook to a party my employers invited me to. They were luxury home builders and interior decorators in the era of "McMansions." I did preliminary studies and finished renderings of their big houses. The married couple of mansion builders are in the center here: the gentleman with a bouquet of flowers, the lady with a garden pot and beautiful black smooth hair. Two other friends are playing guitar and singing. I am drawing, including their dog. The dog's name was "Chloe" and she was a mix of Husky and other breeds. This sketch is unusual because I signed it, at the request of someone at the party who wanted a copy. The time  of luxurious big house piles is over and the builder and designer couple retired to a modest home in North Carolina.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", October 22, 1998.

No comments: