Friday, October 16, 2020

Colorforms 21: Desert Garden Oasis

 


This started as a Colorforms and got more elaborate as I went on. The main yellow squares figure is supposed to be a cactus  in bloom. When I start a Photoshop Sketch I presume that I will be my usual lazy self and do a couple of shapes on a black square. But Photoshop isn't really made for artistic sketching. Every color and form needs to be found and designed, with all the pieces and sizes designed using tiny type on the screen. I thought I had found my solution with the Cintiq (remember that?) but no, Photoshop defeated me even then. I have been using the same Wacom tablet and stylus for over 10 years. It's like doing my art with chopsticks. I'd rather eat sushi than use a Wacom tablet so someday I'll finally buy the Apple tablet, fancy stylus and all.

Photoshop, 5" x 5", October 16, 2020.

No comments: